ABC Tours is committed to providing the safest, most comfortable, and most enjoyable experience during your tour! Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any additional questions you may have, and we are happy to answer them for you.
- What time do your tours depart?
Our morning tours depart at 8:30 a.m., and afternoon tours depart at 2 p.m.
Our full-day and afternoon tours return just after sunset.
The Elite Safari, which is a private tour, has a flexible starting and finish time.
- What days do the tours run?
We run year-round, seven days a week (closed on December 25).
- Are there any physical limitations?
Generally, guests must only be able to sit upright with a seatbelt on while traversing bumpy terrain. Rugged 4×4 tours are not recommended for persons with chronic neck or back problems or pregnant women; however, our state-of-the-art Land Rovers are a step above the rest in comfort, and it’s guaranteed!
- Do we need to make a reservation in advance?
We require reservations to be made in advance since our tours do sell out. We recommend making reservations in advance so that you can have the greatest selection of tours and times available.
- Are there any age limits?
We do not recommend Jeep tours for children under 1 year of age. We have toured with guests up to 92 years old.
- What is your cancellation policy?
Cancellation policy varies for groups:
– From seven calendar days from the activity, no fee is charged.
– From seven calendar days to 48 hours from activity, a 50% fee is charged.
– Within 48 hours of the activity date, full payment is charged.
- What should we bring/wear?
We recommend wearing comfortable outdoor clothing, which includes sneakers, hats or caps, bathing suits, and sunscreen. Also remember to bring a camera, sunscreen (without Oxybenzone), extra cash, and towels. No high heels, flip-flops, or open sandals.
- What is the best time of day to take a tour?
Any time of day is spectacular! Mornings are the coolest time of the day, and our afternoon tour offers a spectacular sunset opportunity.
- Do you have water on the Jeeps, or should we bring our own?
The Jeeps carry fresh ice water; however, it is only accessible when the jeeps are stopped. We recommend bringing bottled water.
- Can you pick me up at my hotel?
We provide hotel and cruise terminal pick-ups at no additional charge. Depending on your hotel location, we will either pick you up with our Jeeps or our 24-passenger shuttle. The sales representatives can help coordinate your pick-up when you make your reservation.
- What happens if it rains?
Our tours operate rain or shine. Aruba has less than 18 inches of rain per year, so most rainfall is short-lived. If the weather conditions are severe, causing the trails to be unsafe, we would offer to switch your tour, reschedule, or give you a refund.
- Are there restrooms on the tours?
We highly recommend using the restroom prior to your hotel departure. There are restrooms available at a few stops, but some of them charge a small fee of $0.50 or $1 to use their facilities.
- Is it customary to tip the tour guide, and if so, how much?
Yes, a tip is accepted. The usual gratuity is about 15-20%, but please tip what you feel is appropriate.
- How many people do your Jeeps hold?
Our Jeeps hold a maximum of 8-10 passengers.
- Where do we check in for our tour?
All of our tours depart from our office, which is located five minutes from the hotels and three minutes from the Cruise Ship Port.
- Will there be other people on the Jeep with my family?
Our tours often sell out, and we maximize each Jeep to accommodate all of our customers. Most likely, there will be other people on the Jeeps, unless you upgrade for a private jeep.
- How can I upgrade for a private Jeep?
You can upgrade to a private Jeep by requesting it when booking.
- Can we drive our own Jeep?
If you would like to be a driver, you should mention it when booking your tour. We alternate drivers during our tours.
- How much walking is involved on your tours?
Our tour involves approximately 1½ mile of walking.
- What is the difference between the Elite Safari and the other tours?
Elite Safari is a private tour that has been developed for you and your guests only. You say when to go and when to stop and what time you want to start and finish!
- What is the difference between the Natural Pool & Indian Cave Safari and the Island Safari?
The difference between the two tours is that with the Island Safari full-day, you cover all the major attractions on the island in one day! This tour has more than 10 stops, while the Natural Pool & Indian Cave Safari has four stops.
- What is the weather like in Aruba?
Aruba has near perfect weather, with less than 18 inches of rain per year. Normal temperature is 84 degrees F, with trade winds blowing from the easterly direction with a speed of 15 knots, which makes it very pleasant.